Fun for the whole family
Disclaimer: I am not a food critic, nor do I want to be! I love food and enjoy the act of eating at restaurants. Otherwise I don’t know shit about being a food critic. Everyone is a fucking food critic these days!!
That being said, I will be posting about places I’ve eaten in JC but will not give those places “grades”. My reviews will have the following categories:
- Is this place appropriate for a date? a family dinner? a girls night?
- Is this place child/toddler/baby friends?
- Food options for Vegans/Vegetarians and Health conscious people
- General Vibes and special attributes
There is nothing like having a “Shabath Dinner” at a resto/bar. This was our first time going to white star, its a cool spot! The flannel wearing waiters where very attentive! We got there and I ordered a grilled cheese for little Mia and we got it within 5 minutes.
- Family Friendly: Absolutely. First off, its noisy so if your child has a meltdown or decides to start screaming out of nowhere no one will notice and that’s awesome. There is nothing worse than being in a restaurant that is quiet and your sweet quiet toddler suddenly has an existential crisis over god knows what…. They have a kid menu, not the healthiest but really, who give a shit. I am happy when my kid eats period.
Vibes: This place has a very neighborhood joint feel to it. It was a chill no frills vibe. Appropriate for family dinners, having some beers with friends at the bar. Not sure a date night would be appropriate here unless you’ve been married for more than 2 years and all you want to do is eat and get the f- out to watch house of cards.
- Vibes: This place has a very neighborhood joint feel to it. It was a chill no frills vibe. Appropriate for family dinners, having some beers with friends at the bar. Not sure a date night would be appropriate here unless you’ve been married for more than 2 years and all you want to do is eat and get the f- out to watch house of cards.
- Food options for vegans/vegetarians/health nuts- This place has around 8 different types of burgers, and that shit smelled amazing. They use Pat Lafrieda which is legit good quality beef. I was going to order the veggie burger but asked them if it was made in house and it wasn’t so who knows what’s in it. That being said, Vegans, this might not be the best place for you…. there aren’t many options. I ordered a Quinoa Veggie salad which was great, but I added a salmon on top because I knew it wouldn’t be enough (I told you 80% Vegan!!). I also got the caramelized brussell sprouts which where pretty awesome. My fam ordered burgers and boy did they look tasty!!!
Overall this place was very chill! I had a great time. They have two locations in Jersey City. Check them out!
White Star Bar
179 Warren Street
| Next » »